A Call Featuring Dr. Asher Chanan-Khan, Professor of Medicine and Oncology at the Mayo Clinic, and Stefan Loren, Ph.D. and Managing Director
This episode features Dr. Asher Chanan-Khan, Professor of Medicine and Oncology at the Mayo Clinic, and Stefan Loren, Ph.D. and Managing Director of Life Sciences at Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. Together, they discuss how the field of oncology is booming with ideas and opportunities for new therapies.
Episode Highlights Include:
1. Dr. Chanan-Kahn is a world-renowned hematologist working at the Mayo Clinic in Florida, and is considered by many to be one of the top opinion leaders in his field. He's received multiple Best Doctor awards from the Castle Connolly group, and has made the U.S. News Top 1% Doctors list.
2. The field of oncology is booming with ideas and opportunities for new therapies.
3. Dr. Chanan-Kahn believes the modern, new therapeutic targeted delivery of radiotheraputics or radio-immuno pharmaceuticals is going to be a game changer in the next ten years or so.
4. The use of telemedicine has become very prominent in medicine in general, and oncology medicine. Dr. Chanan-Kahn discusses the positive impact of COVID, which has been the ability to leverage new technologies, to understand how his team can deliver better care and for patient convenience.
5. During the episode, Dr. Chanan-Kahn explains how COVID impacted cancer screening: and how the role of cancer screening cannot be underestimated. There was up to 80% decrease in screening rates during the pandemic. The lack of screening directly impacts the overall survival impact of these patients.
This podcast is the property of Oppenheimer & Co. Inc. and should not be copied, distributed, published or reproduced, in whole or in part. The information/commentary contained in this recording was obtained from market conditions and professional sources, and is educational in nature. The information presented has been derived from sources believed to be reliable but is not guaranteed as to accuracy and does not purport to be a complete analysis of any strategy, plan, security, company, or industry involved. Opinions expressed herein are subject to change without notice. Oppenheimer has no obligation to provide any updates or changes. Any examples used in this material are generic, hypothetical and for illustration purposes only. All price references and market forecasts are as of the date of recording. This podcast is not a product of Oppenheimer Research, nor does it provide any financial, economic, legal, accounting, or tax advice or recommendations. Any liability therefore (including in respect of direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage) is expressly disclaimed.
Securities and other financial instruments that may be discussed in this report or recommended or sold are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and are not deposits or obligations of any insured depository institution. Investments involve numerous risks including market risk, counterparty default risk and liquidity risk. Securities and other financial investments at times maybe difficult to value or sell. The value of financial instruments may fluctuate, and investors may lose their entire principal investment. Prior to making any investment or financial decisions, an investor should seek advice from their personal financial, legal, tax and other professional advisors that take into account all of the particular facts and circumstances of an investor's own situation. The views and strategies described may not be suitable for all investors. This report does not take into account the investment objectives, financial situation or specific needs of any particular client of Oppenheimer or its affiliates.
This presentation may contain forward looking statements or projections regarding future events. Forward-looking statements and projections are based on the opinions and estimates of Oppenheimer as of the date of this podcast, and are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties as well as other factors, including economic, political, and public health factors, that could cause actual events or results to differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements and projections. Past performance does not guarantee future results.
The performance of a benchmark index is not indicative of the performance of any particular investment; however, they are considered representative of their respective market segments. Please note that indexes are unmanaged and their returns do not take into account any of the costs associated with buying and selling individual securities. Individuals cannot invest directly in an index.
Oppenheimer Transacts Business on all Principal Exchanges and Member SIPC 3688409.1