Banking Analyst Program
Thank you for your interest in Oppenheimer’s Investment Banking Analyst Program! We are no longer accepting applications for the 2024 class.
For any questions, please reach out to IBrecruiting@opco.com.
Oppenheimer’s Investment Banking Analyst program provides in-depth experience in everything from company valuation and financial modeling to corporate strategy and transaction structuring. You will work with and be trained and mentored by experienced professionals that will help you build a foundation to thrive in a range of financial careers.
Investment Banking Analysts’ responsibilities can include:
- Researching industry sectors and capital markets insights
- Assessing comparable companies, precedent transactions and potential investors/buyers
- Preparing complex financial analyses and models
- Crafting detailed memos, presentations and pitches
- Conducting due diligence investigations
- Participating in marketing and/or recruiting activities for the Firm
- An undergraduate degree, with a major in finance/accounting preferred
- Prior work experience as a summer or full-time analyst at another investment bank is a plus
- Strong quantitative, writing and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
While introductory conversations may take place throughout the year, the official full-time analyst recruiting process will begin in May. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early in order to be considered in the recruiting process.
If your application is reviewed and selected, you will be contacted for a 1st Round Interview. All 1st round interviews will take place virtually. First round interviews last about 30 minutes and can include both technical and nontechnical questions.
A small number of candidates will then be invited to a series of 2nd Round Interviews during a 'Super Day'. Super Days will be conducted on-site. The day includes a series of 30 minute interviews, with each conversation focusing on technical and nontechnical questioning.