MBA Associate Program
Thank you for your interest in Oppenheimer’s Investment Banking MBA Associate Program. We are no longer accepting applications.
For any questions, please reach out to IBrecruiting@opco.com.
Oppenheimer’s Banking MBA Associate program provides a robust platform for driven individuals to assume a leading role on a variety of transactions. Associates will work on everything from company valuation and financial modeling to corporate strategy and transaction structuring. You will work with small deal teams and have the opportunity to partner with senior-level executives across the firm.
Investment Banking Associates’ responsibilities can include:
- Preparing client presentations, drafting offering memoranda, preparing internal committee memoranda, board presentations and other materials as required
- Transaction execution involving direct client interaction and communication
- Prepare complex financial analyses and model
- Conduct due diligence investigations of client companies
- Support the preparation of detailed memoranda and presentations describing the key attributes of client companies
- Research potential buyers/investors and
- Participate in various marketing and recruiting activities of the firm.
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program
- 2-5 years of prior work experience desired
- Prior work experience as a summer or full-time analyst at another investment bank is a plus
- Strong quantitative, writing and interpersonal skills
- Project and process management experience
- Detail oriented with strong analytical abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
While introductory conversations may take place throughout the year, the official full-time MBA Associate recruiting process begins the end of October. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early in order to be considered in the recruiting process.
If your application is reviewed and selected, you will be contacted for a 1st Round Interview. All 1st round interviews will take place virtually. First round interviews last about 30 minutes and can include both technical and nontechnical questions.
A small number of candidates will then be invited to a series of 2nd Round Interviews during a 'Super Day'. Super Days will be conducted on-site. The day includes a series of 30 minute interviews, with each conversation focusing on technical and nontechnical questioning.